Wednesday 6 February 2013

Slight Change of Plans...

Hi everyone,
So I've had a slight change of plans with my gap year travels.
As you know, so far I've only booked one trip, with Real Gap to Zambia and Botswana. Since then I've actually changed this trip to their Vietnam Experience, which is not a volunteering program but instead more of a cultural/sightseeing/trekking adventure. For this reason I've changed my sponsorship plea as it doesn't warrant asking you lovely people for money.

I've been through the initial phone interview stage with Outreach International for my Mexico volunteering placement, where they recommended that, funding depending, if I can stay longer, I'll be able to contribute much more in 12 weeks than I could in 10 weeks (as I had originally planned). While I think this is really a great idea, I'll have to see how my fundraising goes as they've also put their prices up in the new year!
    My application with them is suspended for a while until after I complete my ICS assessment day on the 5th of March up in York. I've booked my train tickets so I'm looking forward to the experience, and learning more about the work they do. The reason I've suspended the process for Outreach is because I'm not sure how the dates will mesh up yet.

My revised fundraising total is therefore £3500 for the two volunteering projects.
So please, if you would like to support my adventure please donate!


The other travelling plans I have include trekking in Vietnam with Real Gap, country/island hopping in Southeast Asia with my best friend Bella, a traditional New Years Eve trip to Belfast, a coast-to-coast trek across the USA and time travelling in Canada. As time goes by and summer gets closer I get more excited every day :)

1 comment:

  1. i have a idea for you , i run a NGO in india if you are intrested we can support you and that way you can visit INDIA and volunteer also.

    ReplyDelete