Sunday 31 March 2013

ICS Assessment- Part 3: Acceptance!

Exactly 2 weeks after the assessment day, I received an email saying I had been accepted onto a programme  in Burkina Faso! I was so so happy to read this and also nervous that I now need to follow through with my seemingly great ideas.
The email required that I send back 4 documents with personal info like health, code of conduct, etc, along with my official acceptance. Mine may have been a bit gushy and excitable.

I also had to set up a JustGiving page which is here:

http://www.justgiving.com/CallyStrowbridgeICS

And come up with a fundraising plan to raise the necessary minimum of £800 that I need to go on the trip.
I have a lot of ideas for this, the only problem being that I live in a small community that while cohesive at one time (probably before I was born) is now only united against tourists and Camp Bestival. 

So stay up to date as I try to plan events that will both hopefully raise awareness as well as funds, as well as bring my community together as it once was.

No comments:

Post a Comment